Monday, February 11, 2013

My Goals for 2013

My goals for this year are relatively simple. They aren't small by any means but I feel that if I put in enough time and effort I will be able to achieve them.

I personally like to break my goals out by the segment of my life that I know I need to work on. Currently I have broken mine out into: Career, Financial, Peakless, and Personal. This isn't necessarily an all inclusive list, however I would say it highlights about 90% of the things I would like to accomplish this year at this point in time.

2013 Goals 
 Career Goal-
 Pass all sections of the CPA exam by August 14th, 2013.
This is something that is vital to my personal career, and doing such by the date above will provide some nice financial incentive courtesy of my employer. Its a long term goal and I know I will need to make weekly progress towards if it I want to accomplish this.

Financial-
Make more than $10,000 outside of my regular employment.
I really want to focus on having multiple income streams this year. One is great and I feel blessed to have it, but I want to break out of this notion that we should only be satisfied with what we make at our regular day jobs. nothing is promised in this world as we all should be know and if I were to get laid off tomorrow I want to know I am able to fend for myself financially in this world without the help or structure of a corporation.
  
Peakless-
File Peakless as an official LLC 
This goal should be easy to achieve but its meaningful to me because I think with the official registration it will be the official start of something very fulfilling and something I can craft the rest of my life.

Sell more than 100 copies of my various e-books
I have great knowledge in certain areas because I personally have experienced or lived them. I feel this experience can be put into words and serve as a guide to help others reach goals that I have reached in my past. Topics for these books will be coming out as soon as busy season is over and I have some more free time on my hands.


Personal-
Travel to a foreign country and vacation for a week. 
Growing up my family and I traveled quite frequently around the nation, but not so much outside of our country's boarders. Canada or the Caribbean are my two options. If I'm going to do it I'm going to do it right. The only catch, is I'm not trying to go solo, and that's another goal in itself.

Build meaningful relationships with 5 new people
This may be new girlfriends or new good friends, but the main goal is to put myself out there. I will be the first to admit that I have been hesitant to really let people get to know me and I really want to change that. This might be the toughest of all my goals as funny as that may seem to some people but that's because it will be the one that will get me the furthest outside of my comfort zone.

I encourage you to make a list of things you want to accomplish this year. I'm not going to preach they must be "SMART" but at least find a way to measure them. That's the most important part, did you achieve them or not? Make it clear what you want to accomplish. If anything try to make yourself uncomfortable. Do things you've never done before, step outside of your comfort zone and into a better/more conscious you.

"Life begins at the end of your Comfort Zone"

-Colin





No comments:

Post a Comment