Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentines Day #ForeverAlone Travel Workout

I definitely should have made sure to post this actually on Valentine’s Day but after I got off work, and through the workout I had to pack for my flight back to Portland today. 

Given yesterday was Valentine’s Day, and I was in Missoula without a Valentine, I thought the name would be jokingly fitting in a few ways:
  1. It’s Valentine’s Day, without a date, on the road, safe to say that "forever alone" feeling was probably present.
  2. After actually finishing this workout, I'd prefer to be alone to give myself some time to catch my breath and get some blood back in my brain.
  3. By finishing the workout itself you put yourself one step closer to being in better shape, boosting your confidence and resulting in a newer self to increase ones chances of not ending up forever alone. 
Without further ado, the Forever Lonely Valentine’s Day Workout:

4 Rounds Total 
  • 100 Air Squats 
  • 75 Sit ups 
  • 50 Sky Jumps 
  • 25 Pushups 
  • 20 Rear 
  • 10 Hand Stand Pushups 
  • Run 1/4 mile on the treadmill. 
Overall it’s a tough but satisfying workout. Like I mentioned before, not a lot of Hotels will have the ample amount of free weights so to counteract this, workouts must have and maintain a high intensity.

Additionally Montana was fun for what it was. I'm not sure if I would go out of my way to comeback aside from seeing Yellowstone, but it was nice to be able to cross it off the list. Not sure I agree with a lot of the locals who told me it was just like Portland (LOL) but they were good people none the less. Although I think this picture would be a good indicator of how quiet this place actually is:


-Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment